Scientific and Technical Library of Emperor Alexander I St.Petersburg State Transport University (PGUPS) is the oldest and one of the biggest national libraries which collect publications referring to transport and civil engineering. Like the University itself, the Library is over 200 years old. Over a million books are kept in its funds.
There are such sections as Section of Educational Literature (office 3-207), Section of Socio-Political Literature (office 1-309), Section of Scientific Literature (office 6-210) and Section of Belles Lettres (office 1-314). Students of all forms of education have a free of charge access to card and electronic catalogues, can borrow books, magazines anduments or read them in the reading halls, use the Library’s computer network, get a piece of advice on the choice of publications.
Readers have got a possibility of access to the information resources and databases. Some of the resources and e-textbooks are available on-line at the PGUPS Library official website: .
Visitors of the PGUPS Scientific and Technical Library have the opportunity to work with e-textbooks of Publishing House «Lan’» («Лань») from any computer. To do this, readers have to logon in a Computer Lab (office 6-314) or to register on their own.
How to Register: Step-by-Step Guide
1. Authorize on the Library website ( ), i.e. fill in two fields in the left corner: Surname (Фамилия) — your surname in Russian (with no name and initials); Password (Пароль) — the number of the barcode in your library ticket.
2. After the system «recognizes you», you will see your first name, middle name and surname at the screen of your computer (for example, John Smith, Anna Petrovna Zaitceva).
3. After logging, select section «Electronic Resources» («Электронные ресурсы») in the main menu of the Scientific and Technical Library website.
4. In the section «Electronic Resources» («Электронные ресурсы») click on the link (Publishing House «Lan» («Лань») website).
5. You have to register once again on the publishing house website.
6. Carefully fill out a brief questionnaire. Username and password can be chosen voluntarily. We suggest using the same username and password as for logging on the Scientific and Technical Library website. Then the password will always be within easy reach and if you lose your library ticket the password will be saved in the reader’s database.
7. After the registration, you will have an access to the full texts of books from any computer.